Wednesday 26 June 2019

Rawer


Not sure what I'm doing here,
in between sweaty legs,
a heavy head on my chest.

Not sure what's happening here,
hands still clung to my hips,
a breathing I don't recognise.

Not sure what I've done here.
First time I sleep with someone
since you broke up with me.

Not sure what's happened here.
I feel caught in a bear trap
the hunter's breath on my neck.

Not sure what'll happen now.
Maybe waiting to be skinned,
more naked than I already am.

Not sure what I'll do now.
All I loved once is gone.
You are gone, never to return.

I should probably get up now,
get dressed and take my leave.
I should certainly flee the shame
and run away as fast as possible
to avoid seeing your eyes now,
your shaking head and tutting mouth.

I should go home and shower off
all these tears and emotions
and wait for the night to smother me.

I just wanted to taste
what it felt like to love,
to taste the freedom
off somebody else's lips.

I will carry you inside me forever
and watch your eyes as I do now
questioning my guilty conscience.

Not sure what could have happened
if you had stayed with me
but I know for certain
that I'd still love you.

Not sure where you are now
with whom you're sharing a bed
but I want to be this person
and efface what you think of me.

Not sure how I could do this now
but I think about it every day
every, single, day...certain now
that I can't find again the grain
of your skin on that of others
nor the shade of your green eyes
nor the sound of your smile

it's as if you were dead only to me
and not for the rest of the world

some thoughts are rawer
than a naked body
sharper than headlights
on a fox's face
more bitter than the salt
off your long-lost faded lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...