Wednesday 10 July 2013

Skyscraper

 
I am the world disincarnate
no sound no taste
no sound
no taste
and my spirit rises from the molten tar
skin and bones slightly ajar
slithers past the turds of the dogs

the masses used to revere me as a god
haze among haze I brush past elbows
the space between people narrows
and I pass through the passers-by
and I hover shoulder-high
and I gaze in people's gaze
and the smouldering heat anaesthetises
them their blank stare akin to a tundra desert
inert, so inert
lighter than the air full of mosquitoes
I shell heads by the thousands
like a shower of torpedoes
yet with the net weight of inverted mountains

and I quasar in the glare of the sun
quasi-mirror to its reflection
I skim along the shard of lights which
shake me, shake me
Skyscraper

I remember a Mongol king whose eyes
pierced the distance like the falcon's
and he squinted when I blurred the horizon's line
and even then he doubted,
that I am as old as the sun

ghost, I am a ghost,
and they're the host,
glutting on the Fausts,
and their faults

and the skyscrapers like lances
and I like a harpoon of light
pierce in deadly dances
men's eyes kept in dreary human night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...