Wednesday 17 July 2013

Dialogue in the woods, where the path branches into a fork, somewhere north of anywhere



“Long have I stared at the path in the wood.”
She asked: “Does it really make any difference?”
“Ultimately, this is of no importance.”
She appeared to muse for a while, then to brood
And replied sharply: “Don't mind me being rude
But I can't stake my fate on inadvertence.
I'd try hard and observe, ponder and conclude.”

“Easily said. On what basis can you found
Your reasoning?” I was a little unnerved.
She glanced left and right and listened to no sound,
Saw but the endarknessed end where the paths curved.
Then she spoke, and such a gruff voice never I heard:
“One should then follow the hound, follow the hound,
For the inner, primal hound's scent never swerved.”

Immobile, her grey gaze bore straight into mine.
I stood there with her for what seemed an age
And each second felt like a whole new stage
And hot and cold chills thundered along my chine.
In time I saw her stare fall and her head incline,
On her mouth a pain no word could assuage:
“In the past, you'd no trouble reading the sign.”

And with that same husky voice she fell silent,
And left me where the path splits into a fork.
I sat exhausted beneath some gnarled giant.
The trees the howling winds seemed to bend and torque,
And in the stifling stillness I could see no mark.
Yet all of a sudden the feel of the bark
Stirred some unknown strength in me and defiant
I bounced up and ran softly into the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...