Monday 13 May 2013

Slumber



Today saw a newfound state:
Half-asleep, half-prostrate,
Shivering from an inner cold
Thirst that no water could sate
Unperturbed by music old
Unmoved by story told
Waiting till all took the hue of slate.

Today I passed like a wraith
For I have lost the object of my faith.
Yet I have no sense of hate
For her who dealt me death.
My heart slumbers to a drowsy gait
My obscured words none could translate
Holding – god knows how long – my breath.

Today I want but can't forget
Having made no mistake, having no regret.
I shan't forget this dreadful date
Until a thousand suns I have seen set.
And if my life carries any weight
She will come see me at the gate
And take my hand like when we first met.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...