Thursday 28 October 2010

Once (2006) - John Carney

 
I have just watched this beautiful movie, and have been struck by many things.
First of all, I recognised the singer, Glen Hansard, from The Frames (thanks to his voice!). Didn't know he was also an actor. And a good one at that.
Then it's really weird how good I can recall the Fair City, the images are so vivid I had smells come back to me (Süskind syndrom).
And last, that I love Ireland, the Irish people and the Irish accent and that this love is buried deep, deep within me. For good.
Perhaps not last. I was also very touched by one of the songs, sung by Markéta Irglová, "The Hill".

If you could lay your hands on this movie, I bet you won't be disappointed.

In the meantime, There's the song for you, and the lyrics right underneath. Best thing is: you don't need to watch, you just have to listen (the other video's images are actually worse than this one's...just imagine...)



Walking up the hill tonight and you have closed your eyes,
I wish I didn't have to make all those mistakes and be wise.
Please try to be patient and know that I'm still learning.
I'm sorry that you have to see the strength inside me burning.

Where are you my angel now? Don't you see me crying?
I know that you can't do it all, but you can't say I'm not trying.
I'm on my knees in front of him, but he doesn't seem to see me.
But all his troubles on his mind, he's looking right through me.
And I'm letting myself down by satisfying you.
And I wish that you could see I have my troubles, too.

Looking at you sleeping, I'm with the man I love.
I'm sitting here weeping while the hours pass so slow.
I know that in the morning I'll have to let you go,
And you'll be just a man once I used to know.
Before these past few days, someone I don't recognize
This isn't all my fault. When will you realize?

Looking at you leaving, I'm looking for a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...