Wednesday 18 January 2012

A handful of opinions on solitude


"I owe my solitude to other people."
Alan Watts, British writer, philosopher and interpreter of Eastern philosophies (1915 - 1973)


"The worst solitude is to have no real friendships."
Francis Bacon (which one? Does anyone know? I lean towards the philosopher...but nothing's certain.)


"Writing is sweat and drudgery most of the time. And you have to love it in order to endure the solitude and the discipline."
Peter Benchley, American writer and father of Jaws (1940-2006)


"La tristesse vient de la solitude du coeur."
Charles-Louis de Secondat, baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu, moraliste, philosophe et écrivain (1689-1755)

3 comments:

  1. La 2e citation est bien du philosophe :)
    Pis il avait bien raison le monsieur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed by the philosopher. but i believe the quote is the following:
    The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Anonymous...you shouldn't have remained in the dark, I would have thanked you namely. Thank you very much for your correction.

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...