Thursday 9 February 2012

Status update

Three months to the day after the accident, it's time to see where I'm standing:

1 Age: 32, going on 33. Christic(al) age.
2 Height: same.
3 Weight: 6 pounds extra (and counting).
4 Gait: limping.
5 Dexterity: coming back, chi va piano va sano, e lontano.
6 Job: none.
7 Money: next to none.
8 Social gatherings: every other weekend, when my friend Sheldon takes me out.
9 Social life: as it was very, very near non-existent, I decided to ostracize myself and make it a clear, round, resounding 0.
10 Dating: slightly lower than my adjusted social life.
11 Sport: None. See #3.
12 Daily activities: reeducation of my hand, reading a little, writing (blogging more often than not), researching a bit, daydreaming a lot, habitual daily 'Sunset walk', photography, waiting for Godot.
13 Cooking: resumed every now and then.
14 Travel plans: difficult to plan ahead with an unfixed end date of physiotherapy



Trois mois jour pour jour après l'accident, il est temps de regarder où j'en suis :

1 Âge : 32 ans, va sur 33. Âge cri(s)tique.
2 Taille : inchangée.
3 Poids : 3 kilos en trop (et ça continue).
4 Démarche : boite.
5 Dextérité : reviens, chi va piano va sano, e lontano.
6 Travail : néant.
7 Argent : presque néant.
8 Échanges sociaux : un week-end sur deux, quand mon ami Sheldon me sort.
9 Vie sociale : comme elle frisait le néant, j'ai décidé de m'ostraciser et de la niveler jusqu'à un grand et parfait 0.
10 Rencontres : un peu moins que ma vie sociale après ajustement.
11 Sport : Néant. Voir #3.
12 Activités journalières : rééducation de ma main, un peu de lecture, écriture (je blogge plus souvent qu'autre chose), un peu de recherches, beaucoup la tête dans les nuages, mon habituelle balade quotidienne 'coucher de soleil', photographie, attendre Godot.
13 Cuisine : reprise de temps en temps.
14 Projets de voyage : difficile de planifier à l'avance sans une date fixe d'arrêt de la kinésithérapie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...