Friday 25 November 2011

(Shortened) Trek to Langtang - Nepal


Only one thing prevented me from climbing any further up the Langtang trail: a flat stone devilishly poised on the equally treacherous tip of a stone buried underground, much like an iceberg does underwater. The aforementioned flat stone was seemingly laying flatly on the ground, therefore on it I stepped. The instant my foot touched the surface, it tilted to the right. My right ankle could bear a decent enough straining angle, but not to be plied like an origami, as it appeared it did. The snap I heard wasn't my bones breaking, but rather them being strained and dislodging themselves to come back into position soon after.

Anyhow, the two days I spent up there were fantastic. Wonderful scenery, demanding trail but not so difficult, great people and an unequalled feeling of freedom.

I also have taken what is probably one of my best sunset pictures so far. Let's hope you don't forget that I am no professional!

Ultimately, I know I'll go back to Nepal and finish what I started during this trek (and wear hiking boots that cover the ankles!).

Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Fichue entorse ! C'est pas l'pied...
    Raaaaaah ces montagnes roses...

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...