Monday 21 November 2011

Konark, aka the Sun Temple (-18) (Orissa)

I believe a picture can speak a thousand words. This one is a good example (well, not technically a thousand words, but enough words to get the picture).


No one could have put it better. Cheers. I have an addendum, though. When they write "sensuous modelling, pulsating with human emotions", they should have written "downright erotic".

Now for the pictures, so that you can figure out for yourself what I mean by erotic. There are many examples disseminated throughout India. I was on my way to one (Khajuraho, in Madhya Pradesh) when I had my accident. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Ils sont mignons avec leur description :)

    Bon sang, même les éléphants ils.. ils se font... par... par des... par des euh lions/dragons/monstres/bestioles !

    Pardon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Et encore, il paraît qu'à Khajuraho, là où j'aurais dû aller si je n'avais pas eu mon accident, il y a bien mieux (ou pire, tout dépend du sens - non pas le sens - enfin tu comprends)

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...