Saturday 26 November 2011

McLeod Ganj...


...is where the Dalai-Lama actually resides, not in nearby Dharamsala. My guess is that it's only because the town is slightly bigger than McLeod Ganj that people retain the name, which means 'guest house' or something similar. Perhaps also because the name 'McLeod' was already taken by another divinity.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures of McLeod Ganj, and these are not very uplifting. This is too bad because it is a nice and quiet mountain village and the atmosphere very early in the morning, especially in the market on the main square (which is so small) is pleasant and soothing. No one is trying to sell you stuff, the food is very good, especially the Tibetan momos, and there are very nice walks around. I was so taken up by the teachings of the Dalai-Lama that I forgot to take my camera and when I did my mind was elsewhere. Sorry!

I'll do better next time. Enjoy anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Pas grave s'il n'y a pas énormément de photos. L'essentiel c'est de garder des souvenirs dans sa p'tite tête et dans son coeur.

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...