Friday 15 September 2017

Walking with ghosts


When the ghosts come out
of that hole in space
everything freezes in place

My first instinct was to doubt
those I thought a mind projection
as they were all killed in action

When the ghosts wake up
oft before the morning cup
I feel like burying underground

But they don't let go, and like hounds
trace you everywhere you go
those who were friends now are foes

Today the ghosts are out again
but they are angrier than ever before
their contour more blurred, and more
are crying as if in pain
they ask for justice, monies for their death
ask me to atone with my own breath

Today the ghosts will claim me as their own
for why should they sleep under stone
and I walk freely and unhindered?

So as I walk under skies sundered
the ghosts tear my mind apart
guide my steps to the edge
of that long footbridge
and heave my purple heart
right over the ledge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...