Tuesday 12 September 2017

The sound of a gun


June comes roughly like the sound of a gun
not the one you expect at the start of a race
but one like a hair-raising thunderclap

in the sky are neither holes nor patches
but superimpositions of angry shouts
patched-up silver linings contouring a map

now allow me to make a bold statement:
solitude is cliff erosion,
it makes the head spin glancing down the gap

I'm tired of being patient:
nothingness is nothingness,
empty hands stay empty, not even a scrap

the depression you thought was gone
is back again, like the sound of a gun
which snaps you out of a Sunday nap

I'm tired of being tired, tired of helping others,
tired of knowing what to do and my hands tied
tired of unsticking myself out of this flytrap

this is the end of me as I knew myself to be
I see minutes pass like years, landsliding like morass
in pitch: need to either blast or soothe my skullcap.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...