Thursday 4 April 2013

Sifting



So many times I disagree
with what people say
for I look and think differently
I'm not like them they say
and with that I'm perfectly okay
for I've learnt how to feel
because I went blind
inside
and I perspired the fear
the dark glare of that black sun
which most are content to get away from

so often I'm just glad to be alive
and to be able to remember my dreams
even if more often than not they hurt
even if so often they drive
me nuts
for they show what I spurn
and place a mirror
before my face

for days and days I've been hard-pressed
not to say depressed
but I walked on
in parks
along pavements
sifting the sentiments
scribbling messages
on the bark of the planes

perhaps I've never felt right in my head
but I tend to smile the more
at the silly lies people invent
to thresh reality
to shred their dreams
and they stay at home, content
as I sometimes am, sometimes,
to stay at home when I'm low
and stay put in bed
all lights in the red
but then I get fidgety
I want to see to see
what the world's up to

I'm full of bad habits
and of all sorts of odd bits
but my girlfriend likes me this way
she says we could open up a shop
and sell reveries
and fantasies
to all those who stopped
thinking life's bewildering array
is not too bewildering not to do away
with the oddities
I say that in time we all can learn
to fake even our happiness
and to fool the best of friends

I've been known to talk in my sleep
I've been known to blow a fuse
that's because I've seen the deep
for me darkness has no hidden hues

sometimes I hate to be alone
even lousy company suffices
to feel at home
in this mad world
bar the deficiencies
Sometimes I just hate to be alone
no word
to express
the loneliness
even a word
can shatter

Perhaps I'm mad but that's how I live
and I don't forget to give
as much as I receive
and I leave
on tiptoe
before they know
I was here -
only one line
cut afresh
on a tree
mentions
I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...