Thursday 1 December 2011

Udaipur (Rajasthan)


Udaipur was built in the midst of two very large lakes, which lends it airs of aloofness. The fort, which I do not recommend unless bored witless - and please don't buy the photo permit, it's way useless - occupies a large part of the tip of the land which spears the lake. Several palaces spots its surface and are enchanting at night when all lights are lit.

The city in itself is pleasant to wander in and through, a bit busy at times, but by nightfall quietness prevails and watching the sun setting and the moon rising in the wavelets of the lake has soothing effects. Food, tea and spices are bargained with passion, but according to your skills you might end up striking very good deals.

There are a few temples and places worth visiting, but the main thing apparently when you come to Udaipur is to do volunteer work for one or two of its abounding associations, especially the ones concerned with waste sorting, water pollution and animal treatment.

You will notice that there are less and less pictures per album as time unfolds. Well, I guess I preferred enjoying what I had before me. Memories of sensations rather than buildings, remembrances of what I felt in a place rather than shooting it top to bottom, which I tend to do. Souvenirs of the senses. I hope you'll enjoy them anyway.

1 comment:

  1. C'est toujours aussi beau.
    Et oui, le meilleur est le ressenti sur place et les souvenirs que l'on en garde.

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...