Monday 19 December 2011

Beckett quotes



Just because I quoted him to a friend of mine reminded me of his sombre genius. Here is a bunch of quotes from the master of the absurd, collected here and there from the Internet (yes, I know that some of them already feature on this blog...whatever).


"In the landscape of extinction, precision is next to godliness."



"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."


"Dublin university contains the cream of Ireland: Rich and thick."


"Estragon: What about hanging ourselves?
Vladimir: Hmm. It'd give us an erection."



"We spend our life, it's ours, trying to bring together in the same instant a ray of sunshine and a free bench."


"Don't wait to be hunted to hide."


"Estragon: People are bloody ignorant apes."


"Estragon: Je suis comme ça. Ou j'oublie tout de suite ou je n'oublie jamais." "I'm like that. Either I forget right away, or I never forget."


"Go on failing. Go on. Only next time, try to fail better."



"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."



and one of the best (for me):


"What do I know of man's destiny? I could tell you more about radishes."

1 comment:

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...