Sunday 21 November 2010

Two "clouds"

One more thing - it seems you can't get rid of me today - before I clap my keyboard shut. I meant two.

These are clouds seen during the same day, distant in space and time by few hours and another angle.

The first one I saw as I was heading due South:







In case you wondered, the cloud in question is not the altocumulus up in the sky, but the very long cumulonimbus, sort of laying flat on the horizon. It was very impressive, it reminded me of a massive wave looming in the distance, getting closer and closer.

The other one - which actually is the same large strip of cloud, but later in the day (mid-afternoon) and more menacing - was taken from up close and heading South-West:



In fact this cloud was drawing a long crescent like a half moon, circling the sky (and God there's a good bunch of sky in these parts) at an approwimate 220° angle. Had my camera been equipped with a large, panoramic lense, I couldn't have pictured it in one go. What you see here is just one end, continuing on the right and ending in the same narrow, sombre fashion.

Both were seen on my home and then around Bonneval - France.
 

1 comment:

  1. Boucle d'or, sans les "bracelets", ni même la b(l)ague !21 November 2010 at 17:29

    "Clouds" your eyes, give me your "end"...

    I love so much this wonderfull world's roof, like you, it seems.

    Thanks a lot, my dear !!

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall t...