Wednesday 24 July 2019

Finding a home


I tried to find a home
in novels nobody read
in books no one got
I got lost in stories
I longed to live
when I realised I wouldn't
find my story in any tome
I started writing my own

I tried to find a home
in the drugs everyone took
and I got hooked
I got lost in realms
nobody ever heard of
and nobody ever would
when I realised I was alone
I tried to find another home.

I tried to find a home
in booze and blackouts
drinking games in which
I lost speech and movement
I got lost in hazy nightmares
which I knew not to hate or to love
when I emerged from this foam
I walked out into the unknown

I tried to find a home
in the loudest music
in the weirdest concerts
my body absorbed sounds
and vibrations till it was lost
when I danced till
I broke all of my bones
I tried to find a new home

I tried to find a home
in all types of food
I starved and stuffed myself
till I could no longer eat
to then eat and hunger again
when nothing more existed
which could be grown
I decided to go roam

I tried to find a home
in sex and pain
I got lost in pleasures
in body-arching agony
thrilled by likely irreparable harm
long it lasted but when I had
no sins left for which to atone
I tried to find a different home

I tried to find a home
in places and things
I loved too much for my own good
in the process dying several times over
always looking in all the wrong places
seeking myself where I couldn't be
I realised happiness needed to be sown
to be reaped, and this would be home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...