Thursday 27 December 2012

Trekking to Pielpajärvi erämaakirkko






 Looks like a giant elbowed his way through these two big pine trees!



 Puntsijärvi

 A very comfortable, clean and dry shelter near the lake, stayed there for a while


 Pikku Pielpajärvi

 After a long trek through deep snow I reached the Erämaakirkko. This church was built in 1760, the original church (it has disappeared today) first stood there in 1646.

 'Twas already very dark when I arrived, too bad.

 The interior is modest, quiet...perhaps a little too quiet. No noise inside or outside.


Best moment of the trek: building a fire in the hearth in the refuge (a stone throw from the church).
I was getting cold by then, so I sat there, next to the fire, sipping hot tea and eating some of the food I had had the sense to bring.
There's nothing like watching and listening to the flickering flames. I made my way back in almost complete darkness...glad I was given back the frontal lamp I had lost the previous night!

1 comment:

  1. Elle est vraiment mignonne cette église ! Bon, sur la photo elle fait un peu hantée mais on l'imagine en été entourée de verdure.
    Hey, sois prudent hein ? :)

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and  grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall ...