Tuesday 25 December 2012

Birth, life and fading of the Northern Lights over Lake Inari

 1st picture 9:48pm, Lake Inari, North-East

 Due West

 Due North


 The Lights grow stronger..

 ...and stronger...

 ...and start undulating.

 Peak of activity, starting around 10:30pm

The dance is starting, impossible to capture with a still picture

But 'tis engraved in my memory 






























We can now feel the activity is much less intense, the Lights are fading. It's about 11pm 





The last fringes of the first Northern Lights I ever saw slowly fade into space.
I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Salaud (ter). ^^
    Bon sang de bois ! Tu dois te régaler ! C'est extraordinaire ! Cet univers est quand-même magnifique.

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...