Tuesday 3 July 2018

Toes in the sand


A good few things started and ended here –
mom's ashes were dispersed in that same sea
which saw me almost drowning years later –
this is where I come back when I'm lonely.

A girl here guided my hand to her crotch,
another taught me all I know about fear,
life oft waited here to go up a notch –
a good few things ended and started here.

I learnt some relationships had a price –
a good few things ended forever here –
that journeys are more precious than their prize
for you can lose it yet still walk the pier.

Inherited things lay here unwanted
for I began to write before I came –
for here indeed a good few things started –
every time different, every time the same.

The ships still pass in the Bay of Biscay –
tireless winds churning sands, seas and thoughts –
a good few things were born or in decay,
here where clamour still the battles once fought.

Here my yesterdays and tomorrows blend –
suns set with rage and kind moons disappear –
aroused and alert looking for the rend –
perhaps all things are bound to happen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...