Thursday 3 May 2018

The Letter


He came with shuffling feet and halted gait,
He had a message for me.
The letter was written in black ink on black paper.
When I asked him what it meant
He simply shrugged – perhaps it was a shiver
but under that hood of his it was hard to see –
And said to follow him, and so I did
knowing it was foolish to be candid
knowing I would ultimately
be made to sit down and see
what I wanted to remain blind about –
but there was no more time to waste,
so I sat down, looked and was afraid,
stared at all the mistakes that were made,
and saw that all was beyond help.

I wanted to unsee but couldn't, so I wept
and with a shuffling hand and halted breath
wrote a letter to myself in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall t...