Thursday 10 July 2014

Memory lapse

[Ten days in Edinburgh at the Jazz and Blues festival, and raw here I hand over whatever I wrote. I will publish each and every piece in a separate entry, chronologically but starting back in time, like retrieving my footsteps in the sand.]


A melancholy face, 
seen through the flitting
window of a surprising
train booming on a race
in the opposite direction,
brought to a tired mind,
years later, as a friend
breaks out the information
of an orderly quietus,
both sat on the edge
of a bed facing the ledge
of the window, like statues
ready to recover from the salt,
her face ebbing away
as the memory of that day
quietly comes to a halt,
finally acquiring a meaning
long sought and deferred,
as that the moment conferred,
duly timed to the awakening,
probably hidden all this long
in the fold of the bed-sheet,
in the cold of the slanting sleet,
or in the iridescence of the sun --
which ought to have been seen
years before on that train
thundering through sun and rain
glowing on that face's dull sheen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...