Saturday 9 March 2013

How did it come to this?



How did it come to this?
Long ago, I was loved.
Now forlorn and spurned,
a debile who can't hold his piss.
How did it come to this?

I remember the old feelings –
those which I once felt
when I was young and svelte –
I with eyes fixed on the ceiling.
I remember the old feelings.

My life is a bleak tundra:
none to speak to, none to love,
just good enough to get rid of.
Time's an invincible hydra.
My life is a bleak tundra.

I wish God had left me alone.
Now I sleep to pass the time –
P'haps I did that in my prime –
now I woke up a bag of bones.
I wish God had left me alone.

If only I had the courage,
I would hang myself high and dry –
I'd slit my throat if only I –
But I need to pay the mortgage.
If only I had the courage.

The ennui is slowly killing me.
Lone days pass: I enrage, I whimper,
I envy, I brood and I limper.
Sad to say: I just turned thirty-three,
the ennui already killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...