Wednesday 9 January 2013

My heart is cold



My heart is cold, and it is weary.
It used to be warm and merry
Now it has grown old, and it is broken.
The shards still lay where it stood.
Long it desired to do good.
Yet it seems dead and cannot awaken.

My heart still rejoices, oft,
When I see nature unimpeded
When I see love kindled and granted
When I hear sweet music, and soft.
Yet my heart is frozen.
Yet my heart feels broken.

Yet not all is ash and dust in my chest.
Embers remain. Dwell in dream-like sleep.
Sadness dampens it. Feeds its unrest.
Loneliness like ivy coiling creeps.
My heart needs the fire of love to wake.
A fiery hand that might the shards take.

Yet I fear my heart is now too cold
To feel life in its veins again
It that was ever before so bold.
It that shunned from no pain.
It that now seems to be too old
For either love or hate to contain.
Although it may laugh and entertain
It feels like a handful of ice in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...