Saturday, 9 September 2023

Ghost ship

– fable fading now like a frayed,

sunbleached atlas

– unmoored, left to the currents

– gathering headway towards 

the edge of the map

– oblivious to the homeport marks

– yet calling at foreign ports

– making time to anchorage elsewhere

– seemingly shoaling a chance course

– – now known never to return – –

– despite its casual erring

– sails always in sight

– hovering the homedock

– – it is time to storm the doldrums – –

– tonight, the locks to the harbour

shall be shut – till the seas sweep away

that fata morgana of a ship –

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Mermaid

  Strange calls in the night songs unsoothing the soul the place where the gods had left I had arrived I was done, so done I was ready, at l...