Tuesday 7 March 2023

The line

  

I know when to start

and know where to stand

the words to be said

and what they will end


I know what my part

in all of this plays

which line I need to tread

in the fury of the blaze


The why I know by heart

why on our own be we must

I learnt it from the dead

as all of us turn to dust


I know where to start

and know when to stay

the words have been said

ending it on this day


I know that my part

started the avalanche

even though I was afraid

this line was but a branch


I know to be in my heart

unease and unhappiness

I buried too many dead

lines ending in a mess


I know that it is an art

to lose and love again

one line in the vaster thread

bonding us with the same chain


It was best to be apart

I know that now she’s gone

now that this heart has bled

the line in the sand drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall t...