Friday 17 March 2023

Do not give me any death

 
Do not give me a young-age death
A hundred-mile-per-hour fatal crash
Or a wild-party-all-night OD
A silly challenge ending in a flash
Or a goofy fall from a tree

Do not give me a middle-age death
A sitting-on-the-stool stroke
Or falling asleep behind the wheel
A chicken wing on which to choke
Or a heartache that wouldn’t heal

Do not give me an old-age death
A regrettable absence of breathing
Or a let-it-all-go fall in the bathroom
A vile shutdown of the body writhing
Or both clogged-up lungs with rheum

Do not give me any sort-of death
A living hell with an unhappy person
Or a dulling, culling, killing 9-to-5
A bitter life only hate could worsen
Or a soul too cold and dead to thrive

Do not give me any other death
Than a quiet slumber on the sand
Or a ridiculous croaking from laughter
A fancy fall-in-a-black-hole end
Or a long hug with nothing after
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall t...