Friday 22 February 2013

Snow din



The snow is falling
falling falling
and I wish I had the guts to stop it
stop it and lashing, lashing
at'em with a French double bass bow
from the bottom of my pit.
Record-low
in the tank
in the bank
yet there is snow
falling
in peace peace peace
yet I hate the
coming from their mouth
for it means nothing
nothing nothing
comefroms the stage where actors
aren't actors playing actors but actors
playing playing pretending
being snowflakes on the swaying grass
embracing a bonnie lass
yet it's too late
too late
to dance.

What if we fell like snow?

Snowliness is the worst state of the mind –
shantih shantih shantih where art thee –
“I never meant to hurt them snowflakes, Officer, I swear!”
yet I lashed at'em relentlessly
the bow showed no dent, no wear and tear,
and the drysmeared blood on it most unkind
as it is of the irremovable sort
and the wind, the wind!
comes howling
reaches me there
at the bottom of my cistern
where we take turn
every century or so.
Mines comes now.
Mines comes now.
Mines comes now.
I have forgiven what it was I had to say
to the next reservoir-bound fey.
Perhaps the snowflakes will say.

Look up at the hollow shaft
watch the hollow specks
listen to the hollow voice
yet some would argue nothing's hollow.
How wrong they are. How wrong!
No throng, no raft, no decks, no choice,
but what dreams conceive
but what dreams allow.

For years I mistook die for dream
in we live as we die, alone
seemed to me a better line,
a better scream,
befitting the moans,
the whining,
the tears
we shed.
I was misled
waylaid
by the lure of the snow
damn the snow!
May it burn and drown
in the see o' darkness!

Pack the world in a nice urn
watch it burn, burn, burn
and the flare of the sun
has that effect upon the snow
chars the tea in my glazed flagon
blackens the base bow
ashens my brow
darkens my sweat
“I swear, I swear!”

Be hanged with'em!
Be hanged with'em!
The snowflakes gather
and chant, and dance.
and the world seems more hollow then it ever used to be.
More hollow, more hollow.
Aye, we can fall like snow.



From the floor of my underground tower
I can see but few hours
yet I feel them all, them all,
and sour is the frail
hurt in the small
of his offal.
Fingernails broke yesteryear
trying to dislodge the fray
I failed, I failed
dim is the snow, lightless is the day
they all fell like snow
down a hollow.

The hour is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...