Sunday 1 April 2012

Trip to Landsberg


My friend Johanna brought me to her parents' house in the countryside, about half an hour's train from Munich. Fresh air, fresh food from the garden, lunch on the terrace, horses, trees all around, hills. Cloudless blue sky and sun. Old, lovely house. Paintings old and new on the walls and antiquities everywhere. I cannot thank my friend enough for this getaway trip. I was quite serene after that.

On the way to the railway station, Johanna's parents drove us to Landsberg am Lech, fine little town about 65 kilometres west from Munich. Best known perhaps for its prison where Adolf Hitler was incarcerated after his first putsch in 1924. There he dictated and wrote Mein Kampf, together with Rudolf Hess. Quite famous really.

But all things considered, I prefer Rococo.

Klosterkirche, ceiling. 




End of Klosterkirche

Rococo Rathaus 

 Clock tower




Four pictures above: Mariä Himmelfahrt 

View from the riverbank

1 comment:

  1. Sounds divine. Johanna is a good friend indeed :) The Rococo Rathaus looks so out-of-place next to the other (more traditional) German-style buildings. Love love love the Maria Himmelfahrt kirche.

    ReplyDelete

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...