Thursday 5 April 2012

Forward!


"Walking is also an ambulation of mind."

Gretel Ehrlich, novelist, poet and essayist (born 1946)


"I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards."

Abraham Lincoln



"He who would travel happily must travel light."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Wind, Sand and Stars (1939)



"There is an intense but simple thrill in setting off in the morning on a mountain trail, knowing that everything you need is on your back. It is a confidence in having left the inessentials behind and of entering a world of natural beauty that has not been violated, where money has no value, and possessions are a dead weight. The person with the fewest possessions is the freest. Thoreau was right."

Paul Theroux, novelist and travel writer, The Happy Isles of Oceania (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...