Monday 3 July 2023

The Merchant of Disappointment

I sell disappointment by the bucket!

Want to disappoint mum and dad?

I’ve got your back for every fad:

Silent letdowns; ones that make a racket;

Ones that punch in the guts like a rocket;

Ones that in the end make you glad.


I sell all types of dashed hopes and heartbreak,

My disillusionments feel like a quake!


I’m a mouth-watering mirage expert,

Fata morgana is my stock in trade,

I’ve a bewilderment for every hurt

And a chagrined throat for every blade.


Made redundant? Swindled by family?

Lover cheated on you? Adopted?

Not fitting in? Too nerdy? Too quirky?

Hookup gave you herpes or sarcoptids?


I’ve the disappointment your dark thoughts crave!

The despairs I sell go beyond the grave.


Thought a little happiness couldn’t hurt

But realised much too late that it does?

We forget that life is such a bad flirt,

Hence the gutting I sell is quite the buzz.


We’re all someone else’s disappointment,

Probably even the greatest there be,

Bear in mind that there is no treatment

For disappointment is behovely.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

thirty thousand people

The day was torn and grim birds yet began to sing as if they knew nothing’s eternal and old gives way to new that man, one day, will fall t...