Sunday 9 September 2018

outspoken


I was told to be out-spoken
but how can I be when
so often I've been spoken out
out of the playground
out off the bus
not a sound, never one sound
taken out to avoid the fuss
how can I be when
I'm so soft-spoken
never one word above the other
never have I given
anyone the f- word
or the n- word, even
when I was down-trodden
and I never bother
I just want to have fun
but people hold on
they hold it up against you
like you have to be outspoken
or they'll tread on you
they make a hell
out of a possible heaven
and you can tell
it's such a burden,
such a burden
speak up, speak out
step up or step out
I guess I'm more in-spoken
perhaps I'm broken
but I pay attention
I'm not a bespoke human
but I like to be spoken to
even though it doesn't show
even though between me and you
I prefer to be alone
and be unspoken
biding my puns
honing my lines
because let's face it
when it comes to words
I have more grit
and more guts
than all of you cowards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avis sur la chose en question
Feedback on the thing in question

Habits

I am a man of habits I got to this conclusion because I flash-realised that I am hoping that someone, someday will see the patterns the rou...